Title and position
- Master of Public Health
- Researcher, Center for Population Health Sciences, Hanoi University of Public Health
- A508 - Building A, Hanoi University of Public Health, 1A Duc Thang Road, Duc Thang Ward, North Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Phone: 097 296 2358
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Master of Public Health, Umeå University, Sweden, 2018-2019
- Bachelor Public Health, with a major in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Hanoi School of Public Health 2011-2015.
Other training courses
- “Research methods in cancer & non-communicable diseases”, Vanderbilt University Medical Centre /Vietnam National Cancer Hospital/Hanoi University of Public Health, 10-11/1/2017
- Climate change and health” training course, HPSH/HMU, 21-23/11/2015
- "Definition, measurement methodology of health equity", PAHE, 24/10/2015
- “Systematic Review and Meta-analysis” training course, VPHA, 9-11/10/2015
- “Survival Analysis” training course, CDC/HSPH, 17-21/8/2015
- “Apply scientific evidence to tobacco control policymaking and policy evaluation” training course, Vietnam Tobacco Control Fund and Vinacosh, 29-31/7/2015.
- Rapid assessment on socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 on children and their families, HUPH, UNICEF Vietnam, 2020
- Anxiety and coping strategies among Vietnamese population during the COVID-19 outbreak, 2020
- Monitoring and evaluation of health, economic and social impacts of higher cigarette tax and price in Vietnam, 2019-present
- Surveys for Urban Equity (SUE): getting, and using, the data to respond to NCDs in urban areas, Hanoi University of Public Health, Vietnam and University of Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, 2017.
- Risk factors of non-communicable diseases among people aged 18-69 in Chi Linh, Haiduong and Quoc Oai district, Hanoi, Hanoi University of Public Health and Seoul National University, 2017.
- Evidence-Based Approach To The Evaluation And Planning Of Breast Cancer Services In Vietnam, Hanoi University of Public Health and Queen’s University Belfast, 2017
- Health status and quality of life of people living in Chi Linh, Hai Duong in 2016 and related factors, Hanoi University of Public Health, 2016.
- Disability-inclusive social protection in Vietnam, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 2016.
- Situational analysis of the extending national health insurance coverage to informal sector in Vietnam: a case study among sugar cane farmers in Vietnam, 2016, Hanoi University of Public Health, 2016.
- Community health survey in Quoc Oai, Hanoi, Seoul National University, 2015.
- Assessing feasibility, availability, accessibility of mHealth application for supporting prevention, treatment, management of NCDs in rural Vietnam, 2015.
- Capacity of primary health care system in Hanam province for non-communicable diseases prevention and control in Vietnam, WHO, 2015.
- Thirty years of health sector reform in Vietnam: Achievements and Challenges
- The Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS) in Vietnam 2015 – Pretest
- Monitoring and advocacy for better enforcement of the ban on tobacco advertising and promotion, and for a closure of gaps on existing policies at Points of Sale in Vietnam, 2015.
- The situation of using a social network, sleep quality among Hanoi School of Public Health student and some potentially related factors in 2014.
- Has been assisting some other research in public health.
- Ngoc NB, Ngan TT, Jenkins C et. al. Exploring the mental health challenges of women diagnosed with breast cancer in Vietnam: A qualitative study. BMC Women's Health (Under peer-review).
- Jenkins C, Ngan TT, Ngoc NB, et alExperiences of accessing and using breast cancer services in Vietnam: a descriptive qualitative study. BMJ Open 2020;10:e035173. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035173
- Jenkins, C., Ngan, T.T., Ngoc, N.B. et al. Strengthening breast cancer services in Vietnam: a mixed-methods study. glob health res policy 4, 2 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s41256-019-0093-3
- Supakul S, Park HY, Nguyen BN, Giang KB. Prevalence differences in major non-communicable diseases in a low- middle income country: a comparative study between an urban and a rural district in Vietnam. J Glob Health Sci. 2019 Dec;1(2):e47. https://doi.org/10.35500/jghs.2019.1.e47
- Minh, H. V.; Duyen, N. T.; Ngan, T. T.; Ngoc, N. B. et.al. Potential health impacts of increasing the cigarette tax in Viet Nam. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, Volume 22, Number 11, 1 November 2018, pp. 1378-1382(5) https://doi.org/10.5588/ijtld.18.0161
- Elsey H, Poudel AN, Ensor T, Bao Ngoc et al. Improving household surveys and use of data to address health inequities in three Asian cities: protocol for the Surveys for Urban Equity (SUE) mixed methods and feasibility study. BMJ Open 2018;8:e024182. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2018-024182
- Hoang Van Minh, Juhwan Oh, Ngoc, N.B. et al., Health Service Utilization Among People With Non-communicable Diseases in Rural Vietnam. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice
- Kien, V. D., Minh, H. V., Ngoc, N. B. et al. (2017). Inequalities in Household Catastrophic Health Expenditure and Impoverishment Associated With Non-communicable Diseases in Chi Linh, Hai Duong, Vietnam. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 29(5_suppl), 35S-44S.
- Van Minh, H., Giang, K.B., Ngoc, N.B. et al. (2017) Prevalence of tobacco smoking in Vietnam: findings from the Global Adult Tobacco Survey 2015. Int J Public Health. 2017 Feb; 62(Suppl 1):121-129. doi: 10.1007/s00038-017-0955-8. Epub 2017 Feb 22.
- Van Minh, H., Ngan, T. T., Ngoc, N. B., Kien, V. D., Mai, V. Q., Phuong, T. B., ... & Van Dung, D. (2017). Methods for the 2016 Socioeconomic and Health Survey in Chi Linh Health and Demographic Surveillance System (CHILILAB HDSS). Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 29(5_suppl), 9S-17S.
- Minh HV, Ngan TT, Mai VQ, Ngoc NB, et al. Tobacco Control Policies in Vietnam: Review on MPOWER Implementation Progress and Challenges. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP. 2016; 17 Suppl: 1-9.